How to map mouse functions?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ripfrankwhite, Jan 18, 2006.

1. ripfrankwhite macrumors regular

ripfrankwhite

I have two new mice. Both are MX 1000. One is a bluetooth version, the other is RF. Neither one work completely. One does everything except the forward and back. The other does everything except the expose function. I have USB Overdrive and Controller Mate. I do not know how to use either one. I am lost with Controller Mate, but USB Overdrive seems simple, but the settings aren't working for the mouse. Any advise?

BTW, with the bluetooth version, I'm using the internal BT card. Not the supplied dongle.

2. ripfrankwhite thread starter macrumors regular

ripfrankwhite

I have that and it says that there is no Logitech device on this computer when I use the bluetooth mouse. When I use the RF version, it recognizes it, but doesn't allow me to assign any buttons to expose. If it does allow it, I don't know how. It only assigns the buttons to applications. Expose isn't an application. But thanks anyway.

3. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

You want SteerMouse

I've been a USB Overdrive user for the last 2 years, and i found this software recently. It is much more stable and reliable that USB Overdrive on my machine.

4. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Blackheart

I'm still trying to get my head around this mythical bluetooth MX1000. It's not mentioned on Logitech's site, only the RF model is.

5. ripfrankwhite thread starter macrumors regular

ripfrankwhite

MBHockey, you are the MAN!! It worked great. Thanks a lot.

6. ripfrankwhite thread starter macrumors regular

ripfrankwhite

The BT version is only available in the MX5000 set. Comes with the keyboard.

7. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Blackheart

Ah, ok. There it is.

8. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

I'm glad you like it. It's a bit pricey, $20 for a mouse driver...some mice aren't even that much. But it's well worth it to me, i can't stand it when my mouse doesn't work right.