How to mess with someone online...

Discussion in 'Community' started by johnbro23, Mar 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnbro23 macrumors 6502a

Just wondering what you would do if you wanted to mess with someone you didn't like anonymously.

The person's not on this board, he's on another board, but I figured I'd come here since you guys probably know way more about computers than I do. Well I know his email address, where can I send that to give him spam? He's on a message board (the same setup as this one actually), so is there anything I can do to piss him off there?

And I know some of you are going to say this isn't nice, and that this isn't the way to solve online disputes, but I'm out of options.

And don't ask why, either :)

2. johnbro23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

One more thing, this guy knows how to look up IP's, so I don't want him to know it was me.

Hopefully I get at least one serious answer... I can see this becoming a flaming session :rolleyes:

3. hcuar macrumors 65816

hcuar

Umm... no. I'm not going to help you "mess" with someone. I hope that no one here will. :mad:

Go away.

4. johnbro23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I figured I'd get responses like this. It's no one here, don't worry.

5. angelneo macrumors 68000

I have pranked my friends online before. I have trapped hackers (mostly script kiddies), some successfully, some not, before as well. The best advice I think I can give is to step away from your computer, go out to do something and forget about whatever conflict you have with that person. Whoever that person is, it's not worth your time to "mess" with him. :)

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I'm not sure that you get it. Whether or not the person frequents this or any other forums, that is still malicious, immature and vengeful behavior and it's not really right for us to help.

:::Lays low and hopes nobody tells him how to remotely kernal panic an iBook:::

7. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Luckily my mother hasn't seen this thread (not that she visits any forums or knows what a 'thread' is :rolleyes: ), because she would say "kill him with kindness". [​IMG]

Personally, I'd play World of Warcraft, because that tends to make me forget about anything involving - well - anything. :p

scem0

8. rasp macrumors regular

rasp

1) revenge is not good.

2) I'd play World of Warcraft, but the stupid login servers...

9. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

If I was a mod at a site and you came in to mess with one of the members, you'd get banned for personal attacks.....

oh, wait, I am a mod :D

I'd advise against it, in general, you're just going to make things worse.

D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.