How to migrate data (contacts, calendars, notes, etc) from on Apple ID to another?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by gguerini, Sep 25, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

Jun 28, 2007
    I have an old Apple ID that holds all my contacts, notes, calendars, etc. I use this ID on my iPhone, iPad and Mac. Everything works perfectly!

I also have a newer Apple ID associated with my primary e-mail address.

I'd like to migrate all of that from my old Apple ID to my new Apple ID, then set up my devices accordantly.

What should I do??

2. macrumors 6502a

Sep 30, 2012
    You can use your old ID just for itunes/app store and icloud and your new ID as a login for facetime and imessage (so it sees your primary email address); all on the same device. You don't need to use one login.

Alternatively, change the email address associated with your old ID login to the new email address (change; do not delete the old login and keep the same password). Or just add your new primary email address as an alternative address to the original apple ID or vice versa.
  3. thread starter macrumors regular

Jun 28, 2007
    Hmmmm good idea. I will just swap the primary email addresses.. Thanks!
  4. macrumors 601

Feb 19, 2008
    The Finger Lakes Region
    Also bookmark the Apple web site My Apple ID. You could always set up an email alias that matches you old email address so family, friends, etc. don't have to learn a new email address for yourself.