How-to: Obtain Full-Res iTunes Artwork externally

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by asherman13, Nov 20, 2006.

1. asherman13 macrumors 6502a

asherman13

I don't know if this has been posted, but whatever.

Let's say you want some full-resolution (600x600, I think) iTunes artwork, but iTunes won't automatically give you the artwork (this feature came out with iTunes 7). If you're in this situation, feel free to take the following steps to obtain the artwork you want.

This method works with all versions of iTunes, and the iTunes Store, as of iTunes version 7.0.2.

Step 1: Go to the album whose artwork you want in the iTunes Store.

Step 2: Right-click (Ctrl-click) on the album artwork and select "Copy iTunes Store URL"

Step 3: Go to http://tpemble.urfbownd.net/itunes/itunes-art.php. Ignore the large red print. The game is NOT up.

Step 4: Paste (Command-V, or ?-V) the iTunes Store URL into the box labeled "iTunes Album URL"

Step 5: Click "Submit". You will get a page showing a small version of the artwork with two links below it, "Small" and "Large".

Step 6: Click the "Small" link below the iTunes artwork. If you want the full-resolution version of the artwork (which is more suitable for Front Row viewing), do not copy this small picture!

Step 7: You will be taken to a site of just the small .jpg image of the artwork. (I was obtaining the full-resolution artwork for "The Office" when writing this, so when I clicked I was taken to this site: http://a1.phobos.apple.com/r10/Features/c2/27/b7/dj.jvzokecp.170x170-75.jpg)

Step 8: Look at the URL. It will read, at the end, ".170x170-75.jpg". Delete the ".170x170-75" part. (My URL, after this step, read http://a1.phobos.apple.com/r10/Features/c2/27/b7/dj.jvzokecp.jpg)

Step 9: Hit "Return" (or "Enter", whatever) and you will be taken to the full-resolution .jpg of the iTunes artwork of your choice! Feel free to then copy this to your Desktop and add it to the iTunes media (songs, TV Shows, whatever) it belongs with! :)

Enjoy!

2. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

Doesn't seem to work on the album artwork I've tried. You could just right click on a song in iTunes and choose Get Album Artwork. Then copy the artwork from the Artwork pane, and paste it back into the music file via Command+I.

3. mannix87 macrumors 6502

there are a number of widgets that you can use that will directly upload the artwork to iTunes.

4. billabong macrumors 6502

Does anyone have an update on this...... It doesn't seem to work for me either...

5. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Works perfectly for me. Just obtained the cover for Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Nice!

6. Multimedia macrumors 603

Multimedia

Are They Higher Res Than Amazon.com Large Images?

I use Amazon.com listings. Are the ones you have to go through all that any better? There's a file size trade off the higher res you go. I don't like that part. That's why I don't add artwork to any of my own rips.

7. zyuzin4 macrumors 6502

think this is worth a sticky? It is great for TV shows artwork for rips you make yourself