Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pectin232

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
Move the com.apple.Image_Capture.plist and com.apple.ImageCaptureApp.plist files out of your /Library/Preferences/ folder onto the Desktop, restart, and launch Image Capture.

Only com.apple.Image_Capture.plist was present in that directory, but I moved that, rebooted the Macbook, and found that Image Capture was now back to normal.

where is this folder located on my macbook Air??? I am having problems with the image capture and iPhoto and as it used to open my phone automatically to upload photos to iPhotos but it stopped doing so.. someone at Apple support suggested doing this... please help

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Those two plist files should both be in /Users/username/Library/Preferences

Click on your desktop to bring focus to the Finder then hit shift-command-g all at the same time and a box will popup. Type /Users/username/Library/Preferences in the box (substituting your real user name for "username") and hit enter.

You should see both those files in the folder that comes up.

pectin232

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
Those two plist files should both be in /Users/username/Library/Preferences

Click on your desktop to bring focus to the Finder then hit shift-command-g all at the same time and a box will popup. Type /Users/username/Library/Preferences in the box (substituting your real user name for "username") and hit enter.

You should see both those files in the folder that comes up.

Thanks so much I will try it when I get back tonight... somehow now when I connect my phone iPhoto does not open it up anymore like before...

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Thanks so much I will try it when I get back tonight... somehow now when I connect my phone iPhoto does not open it up anymore like before...

You should be able to set that option in Image Capture. You do have to have the phone connected on USB for this option to appear though.

kVxzo.png

pectin232

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
I attached a phone the Android Samsung S2 to it.. before and it immediately showed in Image Capture... for iPhone 4s it works immediately.. but the Galaxy s2 works too about 3 weeks ago but suddenly it stopped... after I installed VMWare Fusion.... maybe something to do with that. Anyone knows why? I have 3 phones.. one for work 2 for others.. relating to home and small business.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
no it does not.. before it did when I just got the MacBook Air 3 mths ago.

Try making a new dummy user account then login with that account and see if the devices connect. That will tell you if it is something specific to your account or systemwide.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.