how to patch wc3 without logging into battle.net?

Discussion in 'Games' started by phuong, Oct 31, 2006.

1. phuong macrumors 6502a

or one must log in to battle.net in order to patch to the latest version?
    i downloaded the patch file (a .bin file) but unable to mount it. dont know what's wrong

2. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

If you search around on battle.net (the URL) you should easily be able to find where Blizzard has the patches available for download.

3. phuong thread starter macrumors 6502a

like i said, i downloaded the patch. it's a .bin file. from there, i have no idea what to do next. i tried to mount it with Toast, Disk Utility, DiscImageMounter ... withouth success. so i think this file isnt a disk image file.

4. phuong thread starter macrumors 6502a

never mind. i just logged in b.net to update it.

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

For future reference, StuffIt Expander should be able to decode MacBinary (.bin) files. Having said that, Safari should've decoded it automatically.

6. phuong thread starter macrumors 6502a

ah cool. i tried it, just out of curiosity, and it worked. it extracted from the .bin file a program which i assume to be the actual updater. but i already updated to i have no way to check if it'll work though. i'll try this when the next update comes out

7. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

It's extremely rude for you to reply starting with "like i said..." when you didn't edit your post to say that until after I replied.