How to pay?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ZoomZoomZoom, Sep 28, 2006.

1. ZoomZoomZoom macrumors 6502a

ZoomZoomZoom

I'm completely set on a 24'' iMac, and I was going forward with the purchase. But at the last second, I realize: how am I going to pay for this thing?

I have plenty of money in my checking account. However, it seems as if the only four payment methods are: credit card, apple gift card, 'BillMeLater', and Apple credit.

My credit card has a $1200 limit. (I only have 1 card, too, so I can't pay with 2 cards.)
    I don't have a gift card.
    BillMeLater rejected my application.
    I only get $1400 of Apple credit.

Anyone know if there's any way for me to pay? Or any way to combine Apple credit with my credit card? Currently, I'm thinking that I can work my way around by buying a $1200 Apple gift card, waiting for it to arrive, paying off my credit card, then paying with the two combined = $2400 of iMac goodness. However, this would potentially push things back another week, and I would like to get my transaction done asap. (My old PB is dying day by day - kernal panics.)

Hope someone knows a workaround. Will calling Apple do any good?

2. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

3. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

If you have a checking account then just get your VISA checking card and put it on there...unless you don't want to touch that money.

Cash is always good...don't get jacked on the way there though.

Bless

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Cash. Or talk to your CC company and explain what you are trying to do. They may require you to prepay the overage, or they will just increase you line of credit to a higher level.

Good Luck.

TEG

5. Razorhog macrumors 65816

Razorhog

I plan on buying one very soon too. I'll just use my Visa debit/checking card, which processes like a regular credit card. If you don't have one, I don't know what you could do...maybe call your credit card company and see if they will up your limit. They generally will do that for you so you'll go spend some more high interest money. If you do go that route, make sure you tell them that you are about to make the purchase so it will go through without a hitch.

6. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

If you have a checking account and a card, that is the best option. Most here in the UK who still pay by cheque in store and have problems forget their Debit card associated with the same account will access the same funds, rather than there being a few days delay on it coming out their account theough, it generally tends to come out instantly.

I am assuming the same will be applicable stateside, as long as your account has a card that has an accepted payment service logo on it, (Visa, Mastercard etc).

7. ZoomZoomZoom thread starter macrumors 6502a

ZoomZoomZoom

Thanks for the help; I'm going to give my credit card company a call. And if that doesn't work, I'll try to pay directly from checking. (I left my card back at home, so that's going to be a bit tricky.) Unforunately I can't pay in cash because I'm looking for a BTO and there are no Apple stores nearby =[

8. ChickenSwartz macrumors 6502a

If you call Apple credit it is possible that, if you tell them what you are about to buy, they will raise your limit so you can make the purchase.

9. technicolor macrumors 68000

technicolor

Apple also accepts wire transfers and money orders.

Where do I mail the cashier's check or money order?
    The cashier's check or money order must be payable to Apple Computer, Inc., and include your web order number and/or a copy of your order. Please mail your payment to:

Apple Computer, Inc.
    12545 Riata Vista Circle
    Mail Stop: 198-2H50
    Austin, TX 78727-6524

The Apple Store accepts bank wire transfers as a valid form of payment. If you would like to use a wire transfer to pay for your order, please follow these steps:

1. Contact the Apple Store at 1-800-MY-APPLE (692-7753) and place an order by phone.
    2. Obtain the final dollar total of your order including tax and any applicable shipping charges from the Apple Store representative.
    3. Have your bank electronically transfer the total dollar amount of your order.
    4. Reference your web order number with your payment.

What is the routing information for wire transfers?
    The bank processing the electronic wire transfer will need the following information:

Beneficiary: Apple Computer, Inc.
    Bank: Bank of America
    Routing/transit (ABA) #: 026009593
    Physical Bank Address: 100 West 33rd St, New York, NY 10001
    Account #: 3751294243

If your bank representative should have any questions, a Bank of America representative for Apple's account may be reached at 1-925-675-8771.

Processing time varies among banking institutions and can be delayed. Please allow 1 business day for the processing of your wire transfer.

10. ZoomZoomZoom thread starter macrumors 6502a

ZoomZoomZoom

I called my credit card company and they raised my limit :)

Thanks for the help!