How to play a specific song in Voice Control?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by AbhiKap55, Oct 13, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Hello, AbhiKap here

I would like to know if there is a command to use in Voice Control that you can choose a specific song to play. I tried: play *song name* but that doesn't work.
    Also, I would like to know if there is a way to change how to get to Voice Control instead of holding the home button for 5 seconds.

Thanks, Help is greatly appreciated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • iPod Touch 2g 8GB. iPod Touch 4g white 32GB. iPad 2 16GB white. :apple:

2. macrumors regular

I said "play cats in the cradle" and it started playing. (Showing my age. :D)

3. thread starter macrumors member

I said play *song name* and it said: Genius not available. What is that?

4. macrumors member

I've never owned a touch before (this will be my first) but I do know that Siri only works when connected to Apple's network via WiFi (since there's no phone connection with the touch). So, no wi-fi, no siri, no voice recognition of your song. I'm personally hoping there is an app or something else that will do this function without Siri. If anyone knows of such an app or workaround, I'd love to heard about it to change podcasts, volume, etc. while driving.

5. thread starter macrumors member

I am connected to a wifi. And when I say play *song name* then it says "No match found" Even though I say it correctly and I'm sure I have that song. Any ideas? What should I do?

Thanks

6. macrumors member

from my experience with an iPod Touch, you can't play a specific song with Voice Control. You can only play a playlist, album, artist, or Now Playing. (Basically the words floating in the blue background are the commands you can say)

7. ninaco, Oct 13, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2012

macrumors regular

Sorry, I'm wrapped up in playing with Siri on the 5g. I was thinking that was the same as voice control. But, I can see in the documentation that I was wrong.