How to play iTunes on the Mac AND on Airtunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by marco.botton, Oct 14, 2004.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi all,
    I would like to play my songs using at the same time the PowerBook and Airport Express, via Airtunes. It seems not possible: iTunes let me choose only one destination. Does anybody know how to do it?

Ciao
    Marco

PS: my first post!

2. macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

this is the way Apple designed it. but if you find a way how, PM me, id like to know how too ;)

3. macrumors regular

Has anyone ever found an answer to this question?

(iMac speakers and H/S speakers at the same time?)

kg

4. macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

If you could, you'd discover that there was a significant time lag between the Mac speakers and the AirTues-Stereo speakers, like a major echo..... major echo

5. macrumors 6502a

There is no way that I know of to play the same song through your Mac & Airtunes (likely made not possible given the lag inherent in this). However, if your Mac & stereo are in 2 different locations, you can use iTunes for both, although it may not be that elegant, and it may not be what you are looking for.

First, create another account. Keep your primary account open, with iTunes open, and enable sharing. Fast-user switch to the second account, and use the shared library to play. I use my primary account to listen to music on my iMac upstairs, and use the second account to stream to my stereo downstairs.

6. macrumors demi-god

szark

If you don't mind paying $25, you could use Airfoil.

Guess it depends on how much you want the capability.