How to Pre-Order?

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by yayitsezekiel, Jun 13, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502a

yayitsezekiel

Hi there,

How does one pre order an iPhone? This is the first time i've bought an iPhone. Do I go into the apple store anytime on the 15th and say I want to pre order it? Or how does it work. Also do you have to pay extra money to pre-order the phone? Thanks :eek:

2. Guest

You can pre-order online, it is no extra cost and you pick it up anytime on launch day, or get it delivered.

3. macrumors regular

when you preorder do you have to have an itunes account? or just an apple id type thing? like a credit card connected to it?

can i use my mobile me account or somehing?

4. macrumors newbie

So if you reserve you don't pay until you pick it up (on the 24th pretty much guaranteed), right? Is there any kind of cancelation fee though?

Also if anyone happens to know: if I'm joining a family plan (already with 2 iphones) will the account holder need to be with me to set this up?

Thanks all!

5. macrumors 6502

Ramphex

If you need to setup the line, yes, if you already have a line added and just getting the iPhone for it, no.

6. macrumors newbie

7. macrumors newbie

So just to be clear. If I'm doing a new activation I will in fact have to pay $299 (32GB) upfront? With an upgrade a current ATT number I don't have to pay right now correct?