how to print 6 slides per page in powerpoint

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mike789, Aug 28, 2008.

1. macrumors member

I'm new to apple and just got microsoft office 2004. I'm trying to print a powerpoint and its 30 pages, i don't want to print all 30 pages. Is there a way on a mac to print 6 slides per page? I know there is on windows, but I cannot find the option on the mac version of ppt.

thanks

2. Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I have 2008, and in my print options one of the choices is Print What? and the default is Slides, you can choose Handouts, 6 slides per page. You should have something similar on the print dialog.

3. Guest

calculus

4. thread starter macrumors member

hahaha thanks. i was searching for that for an hour and all I had to do was click the drop down arrow ...

5. macrumors newbie

For some reason these steps didn't work for me. If anyone else is having this issue, here's what I did (it took me HOURS to figure this out! but my professor has over 100 slides per lectures so there was no way I was printing that many pages):

1. In NeoOffice, PowerPoint, etc, export the document as a PDF.
    2. Open it in Preview, and hit Tools-->Rotate Right. When it asks you if you'd like to format one page or the whole document, hit "Document."
    3. Click file-->print. If it isn't already expanded, hit the small arrow next to the dropdown list labeled "Printer" to see all options.
    4. Switch the page orientation from letter to landscape
    5. In the drop-down menu in the middle, change from "Preview" to "Layout"
    6. Select the desired number of pages per sheet (six, for me)
    7. Select the first option for orientation (the arrow looks like a "Z")
    8. Print away!