How to record audio from the interent .wax files

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gusanitoverde, Aug 29, 2006.

1. gusanitoverde macrumors 6502

gusanitoverde

There is a webpage and I found some audio files I want to record in my Mac for later listening. Of course all the audio there is intended for Windows users and could only be opened with Windows Media Player, since it comes in .wax files. Can I download them somehow and convert them? Quicktime can't do it so far.

Please help!!!

2. s2mcpaul macrumors member

audio

There is a program called audiohijackpro. you can try it out for free. I bought the full version two days ago, and its great. It costs $32 and you can record any audio; live streams or recorded. It is the only software that I know of that can record every type of audio format. It also gives you the the option to save under different filetypes depending on your quality requirements.
    Try it out. I love it.

Google:
    Rogue Amoeba - Audio Hijack Pro for Mac OS X
    Audio Hijack Pro gives you the freedom to listen to audio when you want and how ... Record any audio with Audio Hijack Pro - it's the cornerstone of your ...
    rogueamoeba.com/audiohijackpro/ - 16k - Cached - Similar pages

3. gusanitoverde thread starter macrumors 6502

gusanitoverde

4. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    woah

wtf is a .Wax file?

that's a new one to me...

5. gusanitoverde thread starter macrumors 6502

gusanitoverde

6. Frisco macrumors 68020

I did a Google search and this is the best description of a .wax file I came up with. Sounds like more Microsoft shenanigans to me :rolleyes:

7. gusanitoverde thread starter macrumors 6502

gusanitoverde

My possible solution.

I may not download the file, but I can record what comes out of the speakers of my Mac. Which is very time consuming, since I want to download hours of audio. let's see... Any ideas guys?