How to recover apps after a crash/ipod failure

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Derkatwork, Sep 10, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502

Derkatwork

I'm unsure about my apps. I had a 1G ipod touch for a while and ad my collection in itunes and the ipod. Then due a hard drive failure, I had to start itunes over because after that point, I finally got an external hard drive. My ipod died during the process (unrelated). This happened a little while ago, and my new iPhone is set to be delivered in a couple days. Are my paid apps lost forever? I am afraid to download any paid apps since I'm not sure if I will be charged for it. Is there any way to recover them?

2. macrumors regular

You can just sync it to itunes and re-download them FOC

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Derkatwork

I lost the ipod backup as well. I can't sync the computer to it since they both went pretty close to each other.

4. macrumors regular

You can re downlod them Free providing that you choose the correct app from the app store.

I believe but dont quote me on this one. If you contact apple customer service they will put them back in your download queue so all you have to do is choose the check for avalable downloads option in itunes.

I will try and find a link later for that bit about redownlaoding the apps.

5. macrumors 6502a

Mochi Hana

I'm always able to redownload apps I paid for for free, if I accidentally delete them (which I've done, unfortunately :() I'm sure you'll be able to do this as well.

6. macrumors regular

If you use the same Apple account and sync up any product it will say you have bought these before and let you sync them to any product