How to register nano as itunes 'source'?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by The Grood, Jun 20, 2006.

1. The Grood macrumors regular

Can't think of a better way to describe it. But how do I 'leave' my nano as a permanent folder on my list of itunes 'sources' for easy updating?

tried everything. just can't get it to stay there... (shufffle is there - can't remember how/why)

Ahh!

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

it only shows up when the device is connected.
    if you want to maintain a constant list for your Nano, the easiest way to do this would be to create a playlist(s) that only sync with your Nano and maintain that/them (if multiple ones, create a folder specificly for your Nano).

when your Nano is connected you can edit the lists that sync with it automatically too.

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

I'm a shuffle user, so I'm just guessing here with regards to the nano...

With your nano connected to your computer, go to iTunes Preferences --> iPod. Is there an option for something like "Keep this iPod in source list?"

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i didn't even know that this was possible. hmmmm i'll have to check it out later when i get home. my mistake if it is...

5. moot macrumors regular

Unfortunately, for some reason only Apple knows, this option is only available for the Shuffle. It is not available for the Nano. (I have both a Shuffle and Nano.:p )

I have a folder in my source list that I keep for my nano. Within it, I have created many playlists and smart playlists that i can modify when my nano is not plugged in. Then I only have these playlists synched to my Nano. It works really well for me and is quite easy to do.