How to reject own app "Pending Developer Release"?

Discussion in 'iPhone/iPad Programming' started by diddl14, Jan 12, 2011.

  1. macrumors 6502a

    diddl14

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2009
    #1
    I've used iTunesConnect "Version Release Control" to have control over when/if to release a new version of my App. It now turns out that I don't have the 'if' option...

    Problem is that a serious bug was discovered by a beta tester after the update was approved by Apple.
    I clearly don't want to release it myself knowing it has this bug...

    But Apple simply requires me to release it. There seems no way to remove or otherwise skip this release:

    "If you decide that you do not want to ever release a Pending Developer Release version, you will need to click the Release This Version button anyway, in order to create a new version of your app. You are not permitted to skip over an entire version." :confused:

    So now what? Am I supposed to release it, remove the complete app from sale and submit a new binary??? :eek:
     
  2. macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2010
    Location:
    UK
    #2
    Is it possible to hold off on release, fix the bug, submit the new version to the app store, and once approved, release the bugged version then immediately afterwards the fixed version?
     
  3. macrumors 603

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2003
    Location:
    Silicon Valley
    #3
    You control the country availability and time of the release. So release the app in Luxembourg (or other tiny country) between 3 AM and 4 AM. Then after it's been released, set the release date to 2012 to make in unavailable again, and send in an update.
     
  4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

    diddl14

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2009
    #4
    Sounds like there is no other way than releasing the new version and immediately taking it of the App Store? Really hate doing that :(
     
  5. Bil
    macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2011
    #5
    Same Boat

    It would be nice if there was a "reject binary" for apps waiting for developer release.
     
  6. thread starter macrumors 6502a

    diddl14

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2009
    #6
  7. macrumors 68000

    Littleodie914

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2004
    Location:
    Rochester, NY
    #7
    I'm in the same position, and this sounds like a good option. But:

    1) Once the new version (1.1) is released in Luxembourg, does the previous version (1.0) fall off the other stores as well?

    2) If (1) is true, are your ratings reset in other stores once the fixed update is uploaded and released in the rest of the world?

    I have sent an email to Apple about this, it's extremely frustrating. Especially for the users. :mad:
     
  8. macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    May 11, 2008
    #8
    You misunderstood. He was saying to only release it in Luxembourg. Then you release the updated, fixed version to all stores.
     
  9. macrumors 68000

    Littleodie914

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2004
    Location:
    Rochester, NY
    #9
    I did a bit of research, here's what I found:

    1) Releasing an update replaces your old application. If you only release an update to Luxembourg, the application is removed from all other stores.

    2) Temporarily removing an app from sale clears its sales ranking. (Not the reviews.)

    I ended up releasing the buggy update, putting a note in the description, and the fixed update is pending approval. :mad:
     

Share This Page