Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
The main reason my iBook 1.33 still has the original 40gb inside :(

I can't be bothered to go through all that.

Cheers :)

Hugh

MacCubed

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2014
Florida
A lot of people do this, and it pisses me off, why ruin a perfectly good palm rest, and not bother to take out some screws and then destroy the drive....

Reactions: RedCroissant

RedCroissant

Suspended
Aug 13, 2011
I really wish that I hadn't watched that now because I am in need of a good laptop now that the iBook G3 I was given stopped working and fixing the powerbook G4 I have is too expensive. So to see something that is working destroyed that actually took more work and more time to destroy than it would have to take it apart properly (I know because I've done it numerous times and I love iBooks).

I see this a lot though with people recycling things at Best Buy or just trading something in because they can't be bothered to upgrade the RAM to buy something that it technically less powerful.

My "favorite" was when someone traded in their 2012 15" MBP with only 4GB of RAM (because it was slow after upgrading to yosemite) to get the new gold MacBook instead. LAME.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.