Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

echeck

macrumors 68000
Apr 20, 2004
Boise, Idaho
Throw it up against a brick wall really really hard. I'm sure that'll get the back off, of course it'll probably take everything else off too.

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
i also am going with the why vibe.

according to apple they use a back neoprene stick to open ibooks ipods and other tricky to open apple stuff, it's apple's no. 1 tool the black stick

slipper

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
i know you guys think im crazy, but when i was at the gym... i dropped my 1 day old iPod and now theres a small dent on the corner of the back housing. its something someone else probably would overlook but its pissing me the hell off.

Horrortaxi

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2003
Los Angeles
slipper said:
i know you guys think im crazy, but when i was at the gym... i dropped my 1 day old iPod and now theres a small dent on the corner of the back housing. its something someone else probably would overlook but its pissing me the hell off.
And removing the cover is going to help how? Seriously, you'll probably mar it up more prying the cover off. Let it go.

LeeTom

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2004
I say go for it. You'll probably be able to get it out and make it look close to new. I could do it.

Lee Tom

stoid

macrumors 601
That's odd. When I accidentally dropped my 3rd Gen iPod at the gym the back cover did pop off, but the corner didn't get hurt. Mine landed flat on it's back though.

Try dropping it face up on a flat surface a few times, I'm guessing it'll pop right off! ;)

Horrortaxi

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2003
Los Angeles
LeeTom said:
I say go for it. You'll probably be able to get it out and make it look close to new. I could do it.

Lee Tom
Suppose he opens it up and gets the dent out. Saturday he could have some serious defect show up that's completely unrelated to the drop or the dent but he'll be stuck with it because there's no more warranty. If you want to take that risk then go ahead, but I think you ought to just live with the dent.

Horrortaxi

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2003
Los Angeles
Jackal05 said:
So flawless.
Yeah, Apple are full of crap. They make a product out of metal that will--get this--DENT if you drop it. I can't believe the government allows that! We should all sue those heartless bastards at Apple for not making iPod cases out of that dentproof metal that all the auto makers have used for the last hundred years.

slipper

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
stoid said:
That's odd. When I accidentally dropped my 3rd Gen iPod at the gym the back cover did pop off, but the corner didn't get hurt. Mine landed flat on it's back though.

Try dropping it face up on a flat surface a few times, I'm guessing it'll pop right off! ;)
i was on the treadmill and the iPod was placed on cup holder area. i was running at a very moderate pace and my hand hit the earphone cord. ahh! i almost caught it but it fell hard on the treadmill surface and that caused it to jump a few feet in the air until it touched down. dammit, at least the treadmill surface is rubber and the gym suface is rubber. im just sick cause i already ordered a case to keep it flawless but this happened the first day. i had a 1g iPod before this. when i was considering buying another iPod, i really wanted the mini because of its cast aluminum construction which doesnt dent. why cant the regular ipod be similar?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.