How to remowe shortcut arrow from an icon?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by seriypshick, Nov 23, 2005.

1. seriypshick macrumors member

seriypshick

Is there a way? I prefer something that doesnt includ installing additional apps.

Thanks, Serg.

2. Will Cheyney macrumors 6502a

Will Cheyney

If it's an alias/shortcut file, your gonna get an arrow. I don't think there is any easy way of getting rid of it (if at all).

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Interesting, I tried copying a new icon in and it still gives the arrow. I'm sure you tried that too.

Any particular reason you want to remove the arrow? Could be pretty confusing without it, you wouldn't know if you were dealing with the real deal or a shortcut, and you could delete the wrong thing, copy the wrong thing, etc.

Just curious as to your reason.

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

4. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

Benjamin

First I do not recommend this at all since confusion between real and alias files/folders is not a good thing.

However if you want to get rid of the badge or change the badge you have to edit the following file.

/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/AliasBadgeIcon.icns

5. Will Cheyney macrumors 6502a

Will Cheyney

I thought about searching/editing for the icon file too. I can't say I ever use alias' anyhow.

6. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Quite frankly, the original post doesn't make any sense.

7. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

It makes more sense if you remove the "w" in "remowe" and replace it with a "v", then you have a real word "remove". Does that help Lacero? :eek:

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

8. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

I'm tripping over this gem:

"Is there a way? I prefer something that doesnt includ installing additional apps."

Is he talking about installing the same app twice, a different app, or just making a copy of the app? And why the unnatural aversion to aliases?

Does not compute. Does not compute. beep boop boop beep.

9. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Ha! Ha!
    I was just funning with you about the "w" Lacero

I took the OP's thought as being "not installing an additional app that does this function of removing the arrow", like a hack app. But, I could be wrong. :eek:

As far as why the arrow is offensive, I don't know. I personally think it would be way too confusing.

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]