How to report a iPod stolen (60GB video)

Discussion in 'iPod' started by hybrid.09, Nov 17, 2005.

1. hybrid.09 macrumors newbie

hybrid.09

I've recently lost my iPod Video 60GB due to theft at school, I was wondering what could I do to report it stolen so if someone tries to register it, it will not register and it could possibly log their IP?

Thanks.

2. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

I would go to your school administrators or the police. When mine was stolen I went to my schools police officer and she ended up being able to get it back. Also you might wanna check any pawn shops around your house, or on ebay. If you need the serial number you can get it off your receipt or call up Apple. I'm very sorry to hear of your loss:(, good luck getting it back.

3. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

cry like a little school girl until and beg someone to buy u another.

Bless

4. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Go to the school admins first. Then, take the serial number to the police, and go to pawn shops around the area, too. If it's new enough and was purchased on a credit card, maybe you can claim it with the 30-day insurance policy thing (ASK THE COMPANY FIRST! I have no idea how it works.)

Sorry about your loss, dude. I hope you get it back!!

A little harsh! Geez, give the guy a break! he had $399 iPod stolen. Wouldn't you be more than a little bummed?

5. hybrid.09 thread starter macrumors newbie

hybrid.09

LMAO, you're funny. I just was wondering, I have enough cash to buy like 100000 iPod's. I was just wondering If I can get it back.

I have already contacted the school office, they checked security tapes and they didn't find anyone, I told all my friends to listen out for someone talking about a Black ipod video (I am the only one in my school who was one). I will also probably contact my insurance company, or talk to my school again.

Thanks for the suggestions.

6. hybrid.09 thread starter macrumors newbie

hybrid.09

EDIT: We do not have pawn shops in this area, I cannot do much with the Police, and Visa cannot do anything because 30-days has passed. I will contact Apple about it and then decide how to take further action.

7. .:*Robot Boy*:. macrumors 6502

Would someone please make a sarcastic comment about this:

:D

8. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

Well if you can afford that many why not send me a 60 GB iPod?

9. hybrid.09 thread starter macrumors newbie

hybrid.09

I do not know you, and that money if so later education funds, and other crap.

10. darwen macrumors 6502a

darwen

If money is not an issue then why go through the effort. Think of it this way... you were helping the needy. You might even be able to get a tax break!

I want to be a black video iPod! How does one go about becoming a black ipod video? And can one become a white ipod video? Not that I am racist, I just want my options open.

I don't mean to make you feel bad. I would hate to lose my iPod. It is nice you are being so cool about it.

11. Wendy Boggs macrumors newbie

How Do I Report My STOLEN IPOD!! 60GB VIDEO

MY IPOD WAS STOLEN OUT OF MY CAR TODAY 12/18/07 @ 4:30PM IN SAN MATEO, NEAR HILLSDALE HIGH SCHOOL. IF anyone knows anything please
    contact me by email at islandgirl_0079@yahoo.com. Please... or if someone could tell me how to bust who ever has it when he or she tries to register it, cause it's already registered under my name. Please, I freakin love my IPod and I will make who ever took it PAY!!!! If anyone knows how to help me please contact me ASAP. Thank you

Wendy :(

12. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Apple does not get involved in tracing stolen goods. Contact the police, file a report and that's about it.

BTW unless you love spam, you probably don't want your email address posted on an online forum.

13. Eduardo1971 macrumors 65816

Eduardo1971

Yeah; not only that, but she probably used her given (birth) name as her handle.
    :eek:

14. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

This thread makes me want to quit the internet.

self edited because my last comment was weird

15. SXR macrumors 6502a

SXR

I dont think anyone at MacRumors has it , to much nice people here. Unless you get blessed or something in that range you won't get it back im afraid.