Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pixpixpix

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 19, 2005
left coast
Updated iPhone5 from iOS 6.0.2 to 6.1.2 and Camera Roll and My Photo Stream disappeared. Then My PhotoStream reappeared with one photo when I updated a photo on my iPad. Camera Roll is still empty.

1.How to restore the Camera Roll photos? They still show in General>Usage as 13.3GB

2. How to bring down remainder of Photostream to my phone? Other devices show all 1000 pix but my phone only shows one photo edited today on another device.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Did you restore from backup? When you plug it into your computer, does your camera roll photos show up?

KeepCalmPeople

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles, California
Hate to break it to you, but in my experience when you enable photostream on a new device, only new photos added in photo stream will be downloaded onto that device. Historical photos are not downloaded.
Just another 'feature' brought to you by Apple.

Oh, and as far as your Camera Roll? The only way you can get that back is to restore from an iTunes backup on your Mac/PC. iCloud backups do not include your Camera Roll, as it is considered non-Apple data and would otherwise go against your iCloud 5GB free cap. Apple doesn't make this terribly clear.

Hopefully your Camera Rolll pictures are all in photo stream and your historical photo stream pictures can be accessed from a Mac or PC at http://www.icloud.com

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
When I look at the details of my iCloud backup it lists camera roll with a significant amount of data. What is in that backup if not Camera Roll pictures?

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
iCloud does back up the camera roll if you have that set as on. You just need the iCloud space if you have over 5GB

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
Hate to break it to you, but in my experience when you enable photostream on a new device, only new photos added in photo stream will be downloaded onto that device. Historical photos are not downloaded.
Weird, my Photo Stream has always backfilled after I do a restore (or activate a new device). It's just always one of the last things to come down, and seems to take its sweet time doing so.

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
Houston, TX

Oh, and as far as your Camera Roll? The only way you can get that back is to restore from an iTunes backup on your Mac/PC. iCloud backups do not include your Camera Roll, as it is considered non-Apple data and would otherwise go against your iCloud 5GB free cap. Apple doesn't make this terribly clear.

Hopefully your Camera Rolll pictures are all in photo stream and your historical photo stream pictures can be accessed from a Mac or PC at http://www.icloud.com

no sir camera roll is very much so backed up to iCloud along with Texts, emails and any thing else that's toggled on in iCloud settings

deinoon

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2015
I am confused. What to do if I have deleted photos in "Recent delete photos" of my iPhone 6.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I am confused. What to do if I have deleted photos in "Recent delete photos" of my iPhone 6.
Do you want to get those photos back, is that what you are asking? If so, if you have a recent backup that you performed where those photos were still there, you can restore from that backup and that should bring those photos back. Aside from that, if you backed up your photos somewhere, like Dropbox, or Flickr, or Google+, or some other service (perhaps even iCloud Photos) you might be able to see and recover them from there.

Josephenta

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2015
Try this method:
Launch iTunes on the computer and go to iTunes>Preferences>Devices. You will see a window with all of your backups listed in it.
If you see a recent backup that you are certain contains the photos that you need, recover deleted photo from iPhone backup.
I think the suggestions might be of use to you.
Or this method:
Recover Lost or Deleted Photos from iPhone directly
1.Connect the iPhone to computer
2.Scan your iPhone device with iPhone Data Recovery
3.Preview and restore iPhone camera roll

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.