How To Restore Jailbroken iPad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by lisalover1, Nov 29, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

(Sorry for cross-posting this thread; I originally posted it in the wrong board.)

I recently ran into a crippling filesystem error on my Verizon iPad 2 that disabled my ability to sync it with my computer (an invisible, undeletable corrupt image file in the DCIM folder), and I think a restore is the only solution. Unfortunately, my device is still jailbroken on iOS 4.3.3, so restoring it via iTunes would automatically update it to 5.0.1, which would disable the jailbreak. I downloaded an .ipsw file of 4.3.3 for my device, and tried to manually restore it from that file in iTunes, but every time I try, it gives me an error saying "The iPad could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (3194).". Any ideas on what I should do?

2. macrumors P6

Intell

Because you have a 3G iPad 2, you cannot restore to iOS 4.3.3. Reason: The baseband flash doesn't work and there is no bootrom exploit on the iPad 2 to fix it. You must restore your iPad 2 to iOS 5.0.1.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

So, I have to decide between restoring and eliminating my jailbreak and waiting for a jailbreak solution for 5.0.1? Ouch. :S Well, thanks for the information, anyway.

4. macrumors 6502

Hi,
    i have the same issue. i have also created a post, but so far no luck. and fortunately i found similler problem. Now, unfortunately bcoz you have 3g and wifi, you cant restore and jailbreak 4.3.3

Can anybody confirms, that if i have ipad2, wifi ONLY can restore 4.3.3 and jailbreak ??? i have simillar problem, and not able to sync photos.

please help and show me how, much appreciated.

5. macrumors P6

Intell

If you have the WiFi only model and your device's SHSH blobs, you can restore to iOS 4.3.X firmwares.

6. macrumors 6502

Thanks a lot,

Now, how would i make sure that i have SHSH stored ? i have saved using TU and also with Cydia.
    But just to double make sure, b4 i start restoring...Also, where do i find IPSW for ipad2 (wifi ) 4.3.3 ?

i think iclarified has remaning details...

thanks