Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twohands

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2006
ok, it's like this. i replaced a folder named "08" in my iphoto library with another folder also named "08" from my second iphoto library. the prompt did come up to confirm the replacement, and i clicked "OK" (yes, i was dumb enough to do so :mad: )

now some of my photos are missing from my iphoto. it's just a blank blue box on the thumbnails with the titles still there. funnily enough, when i scroll up and down, the photos appear for a split second.

when i double click on the blank thumbnails, the edit page shows the tiny thumbnails in a row on top, but the main big photo is missing.

please help me to set this right again :eek:

JSchwage

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2006
Rochester, NY
If you're not making any backups of your files, I don't see much to hope for. You may be able to find a 3rd-party program that can restore the files off your hdd. But even that doesn't work all the time.

Once again here's another situation where Leopard would save the day. Man, I cannot wait for 10.5. :p

EDIT: Just did a quick Google search and came up with a program called Stellar Pheonix. You could try using the demo version of it to recover your files.

twohands

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2006
thanks a lot JSchwage.

i can't wait for leopard too :p

LEOPARD! LEOPARD! LEOPARD!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.