how to restore REPLACED folder in iphoto? please help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by twohands, Sep 11, 2006.

1. twohands macrumors newbie

Sep 11, 2006
    ok, it's like this. i replaced a folder named "08" in my iphoto library with another folder also named "08" from my second iphoto library. the prompt did come up to confirm the replacement, and i clicked "OK" (yes, i was dumb enough to do so :mad: )

now some of my photos are missing from my iphoto. it's just a blank blue box on the thumbnails with the titles still there. funnily enough, when i scroll up and down, the photos appear for a split second.

when i double click on the blank thumbnails, the edit page shows the tiny thumbnails in a row on top, but the main big photo is missing.

please help me to set this right again :eek:
  2. JSchwage macrumors 6502a

May 5, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    If you're not making any backups of your files, I don't see much to hope for. You may be able to find a 3rd-party program that can restore the files off your hdd. But even that doesn't work all the time.

Once again here's another situation where Leopard would save the day. Man, I cannot wait for 10.5. :p

EDIT: Just did a quick Google search and came up with a program called Stellar Pheonix. You could try using the demo version of it to recover your files.
  3. twohands thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 11, 2006
    thanks a lot JSchwage.

i can't wait for leopard too :p