Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dscan99

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 10, 2004
Nashville, TN
Once again, I'm turning to this forum for help. A relative newbie here.. so please bear with me.

One of the more frequent things I need to be able to do with an imaging software is to save a large 800K image downloaded to iPhoto (from my digital camera) to a smaller version like 100 or 200K. In the PC-land I used to use Microsoft PhotoEdit where I would just change image size to 40% or 30% and that would save a smaller version of the image. Note- I don't want to just view a smaller version (ie, zoom) but actually save a smaller version.

What(free) imaging sofware do I use to accomplish this and please include steps how I go about doing this....

FYI- I'm using a iBook G4

Thanks!! :)

Logik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
i believe you select the file menu, then export and save it as a size you prefer... in iphoto that is

kgarner

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2004
Utah
iPhoto. Choose File > Export then choose to export the photo to a location of your choice. You will be presented with the option to resize the image to certain restraints (either iPhoto defaults, like 640 x 480 or your own personal preferences) and then you are done. Go open your exported file from where ever you chose to save it and there you go.

JDar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
You can also open the image file in Preview then Export (under File) to a size that you wish.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.