how to save all my pictures in the cloud

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jcorbin, Oct 21, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502a

so i know photostream automatically uploads your pictures and videos to the cloud. but in another thread someone implied that photostream only saved things for 30 days. is this true?

if it is do i need to enable the cloud backup to backup my camera roll?

2. macrumors 65816

You can save your entire camera roll via iCloud backup, but that will count against your free 5GB limit.

3. macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

It was me who said it and yes, it's true.

From Apple:

" iCloud stores new photos for 30 days, so you have plenty of time to connect your iOS device to Wi-Fi and make sure you always have your most recent shots handy."

http://www.apple.com/icloud/features/photo-stream.html

4. macrumors 68030

verwon

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks hazy. i tried finding that info but must have overlooked it. i definitely thought photo stream was the back up. i'm really glad i found this out before i had an iDisaster and lost or broke my phone. would hate to lose all my stuff.

6. macrumors 6502

I'm still not clear on the verdict here. So how do you have all the photos in your camera roll saved with iCloud?

7. thread starter macrumors 6502a

by turning on the icloud backup and turning on camera roll in the back up

so i have one more question. once everything is backed up how to i retrieve it? like if i start running out of space in the next two years and want to delete some of the larger videos to make room? how would i pull those videos back down?