Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

awaisuk

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
How to save my Contacts from iPhone to Computer?

Like they get saved in a text file or something.

I am formatting my iphone and i want it saved on my comp. I dont care if they can be restored or not, but i should be able to see the list on computer.

Thanks

moka

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

Windows or mac? For windows you should be able to sync your contacts with windows contacts or outlook. That way when you sync the phone they will transfer over...

Macgic

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

Windows or mac? For windows you should be able to sync your contacts with windows contacts or outlook. That way when you sync the phone they will transfer over...

and if you have a mac you can use address book.

Harland2323

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2009
Contacts form iPhone to iMac

I use Outlook 2003 at work and my iPhone automatically syncs with updates I make to my Contacts List on make on my work PC. Question: How do I sync Contacts between my iPhone and iMac? I-Tunes indicates this happens over the air, but my Contact updates are not moving from my phone to my Mac.

jarjarblinks

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2008
Contacts can only be synced over the air if you have a mobileme account. If you do not, then you must toggle it off at the iTunes "info" panel when you plug in the iPhone. Thereafter, select manual sync for contacts. That way it will be synced to Address Book on your Mac.

iRobby

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
Fort Myers, FL USA
My contacts are set to sync with Windows Address Book but I can't find it on my PC I use Windows Live Mail and the contacts there do not sync. I can't wait for my iMac and .me email account

Georgine

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2012
Hi I am new to the forums but that is not why I am writing. my old iphone screen will not turn on anymore (my fault) but i can still hear the recognizable sound the iphone produces when i plug it in to my computer.

It looks like the device is operational but i cannot do anything on it. I am trying to salvage as much as I could and save my contact list to my computer before the iphone goes out completely. i am on a windows 7. how could i go about rescuing my iphone contacts?

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
Why not sync with icloud? You simply log onto icloud after select all contacts and there is an option to export to a vcf file. That's what I do every other month to keep a backup of the latest!

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
I've always saved mine to an external drive and a disc. iCloud is good but deletes the previous backups. Every Quarter I back up my Contacts/Address book.

For one if you decide to go with another phone, iCloud won't help. Always backup even if you use the cloud, .Mac or whatever they call it next.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.