how to secure my keystrokes?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by iBOOKnewbie, Jan 4, 2005.

1. iBOOKnewbie macrumors newbie

hi guys, I read about securing keystrokes so that hackers can;t see what you type on the KB. How does one do that on an ibOOK?

2. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I don't know of any way someone can capture keystroke from an Apple laptop, so I don't think you have much to worry about.

3. mms macrumors 6502a

Actually, I'm sure there is a way, as long as a person has access to the computer. There's probably some type of software used by corporations to monitor employee computer usage. In addition, searched MacUpdate for "keystroke logger" does come up with a utility called logkext. So of course it can be logged. Now, installing and monitoring it remotely might be difficult though. Securing physical access to your computer (i.e. setting up a password to come back from screensaver or sleep) would be the primary concern. You could also use Little Snitch to monitor apps making network connections.

I'm not aware of any way to "secure keystrokes" though.

4. maya macrumors 68040

maya

For this to happen someone other than the primary users have to have access and root password to install a small application of this nature. Given that this person is the only one using it they have nothing to worry about unless they are not the root users on the iBook.

Even on the windows side you have to open and install the attachment sent via email in order for this to happen. Unless you have no clue of what you are doing then this is the least of your worries since it has always been said to never open an attachment from a sender you do not recognize.

Common sense. :)