How to see what people listen to while sharing

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Roads0, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Roads0 macrumors newbie

Roads0

Does anybody know how you can see what people listen to while I'm sharing my music? And please don't say iTunes Connection Monitor because it doesn't work...

Also, I'm living in a dorm at college, and Steve Jobs has created a monster. I have 48 Giga Bites worth of music and by using OurTunes, anybody can get all of my music. I don't care, but I just think it's funny cause Apple was supposed to be the legal way to download music, but all you have to do is go into any dorm, hook up, and download as much music as you want at 5-8 mb/s. It's rediculous.

2. panoz7 macrumors 6502a

panoz7

I'm not sure if this works in iTunes 7 but I seem to recall that it worked in 6.
    -Open Activity Monitor
    -Select iTunes and click inspect
    -Click on the "open files and ports" tab
    -Scroll to the bottom
    You should see the file name of the song you're currently playing followed by the songs that others are playing.

For example, for me it shows

/Users/Grif/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/Death Cab For Cutie/We Have the Facts and We're Voting Yes/06 Little Fury Bugs.m4a

At the very bottom.

You might want to turn of sharing though. I had this warm fuzzy feeling for a while knowing that other people were enjoying my music... then I realized that iTunes was using significantly more ram then it would use otherwise. I constantly had 5 people connected and it was using around 150mb of ram. I'm not sure if that's normal or not, but right now, with sharing disabled it is using 30mb. Just something to consider.

3. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

Good song. :)

Daniel.