How to send in a PowerBook for Servicing

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by MacEffects, Jan 24, 2006.

1. MacEffects macrumors 6502

I was looking all over Apples Site (Support Tab) and can't find a spot to request to have my PowerBook G4 12" (still under AppleCare) to be serviced. I know of the phone number, but I just never am a around (and to busy) during their hours of operation. Does anyone know where I can go to do this?

:confused:

2. jocool5 macrumors member

jocool5

First what type of problem? (not important I just sent the same product in for service) You have to call the number, they give you a case #, you also have to bare with the stupid trouble shooting that they have. Then they send you a box you pack it following there instructions and in 7-10 days you get it back. I am on the sending it in leg so i have to wait for 6 more days to have mine back. I looked in the apple care box that i recieved and i found no web address, but it dose have a mailing address.
    Hope all goes well with the applecare people!
    joe

3. MacEffects thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, my Q key fell off and it is some how broke so I can't put it back on (Yeah Just waiting for Doctor Q :rolleyes: ) and it was just from normal use :( And yes I do love those AppleCare Tech support People... "What is a StyleWriter? We don't make those products" :eek: :p REALLY? :D I have dealt with them a lot, just lately I have not been able to call them when they are there... So I'd suppose there is no online request?

4. discoforce macrumors 6502a

discoforce

As I understand it, you can either call (as recommended by jocool5), take it to an authorized repair place, or do-it-yourself (Apple sends you the part). However, even the DIY option can only happen after your problem has been diagnosed by tech support.