How to send MY graphics to digital camera for slideshows?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by nagromme, Jul 7, 2005.

1. macrumors G5

May 2, 2002
    I want to make custom graphics in Photoshop and put them on my still camera to run them to TV using the built-in slideshow function.

I save JPEGs of the proper pixel size, and re-use filenames (numbers) of images that came FROM the camera. (In fact, I pasted my image over a dummy photo that's still on the camera and re-saved directly there, with Photoshop's "Standard" JPEG option.)

But the camera refuses to recognize images I make--only its own. It shows a question mark on-screen instead.

What kinds of issues should I be researching to make this work? (It's a Pentax, FWIW.)

Thanks for any leads!
  2. macrumors 6502a

beige matchbox

Mar 16, 2005
    Oxfordshire, UK
    I had the same problem with my Sony DSC-P8, only way i could get it to work was to resave the file with preview, even then it could take a couple of attempts

Same with my dads fuji something, they seem to be extremely fussy about the images
  3. macrumors 68000

Oct 1, 2004
    Mountains of Vermont
    Same problem with my Nikon CoolPix 990. Frustrating as I had wanted to use it this way. But it hasn't been important enough to figure out the solution. :) :( :)
  4. thread starter macrumors G5

May 2, 2002
    Next thing I'll try is different JPEG settings in Pshop, and including a Preview. Maybe different color profiles too.

It's low-priority though since my iPod Photo does the task automatically--with music :)