Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sparky's

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 11, 2004
I just downloaded the Win 2K version of the console client for my PC at work
Can you walk me through the set up dialog so I can make sure I get this credited for team 3446 and my user name Sparky's
I alredy have my G3 at home running 24/7 and now I want to add some machines at work.

Thanks, Sparky's

I'm a little pressed for time or I would do the right thing and search for hours in the previous threads for this

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
It's very simple, just install it and open it for the first time, then you will get a couple of questions and just follow them, fill in 3446 when you get the question teamnumber and you won't have to fill in the advanced options.

fold on!

Sparky's

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 11, 2004
OK now I got a problem, when I first posted this Thread it was after I had tried to launch the console prgram on my PC but not knowing what to enter I closed out of the window. Today I tried to launch it again and it assumed I was coming on as "Anonymous" and team "0". So... how do I change it to my user name and team 3446?? I have no clue when it comes to PC type stuff.

Can you help me?

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
In the FAH folder there is a preference document. open it with a texteditor and change the settings. It's very easy. Or, you could always throw everything away and install it again! And the third possibility: also install the graphical client. When you open the graphical client you can easily change your settings. But it uses the settings of the console version! therefore after you changed everything quit the graphical client and your "no-nonsense" consele version will keep folding!

Sparky's

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 11, 2004
Now you've lost me again. I have 8 items now on my desktop, FAH502-Console.exe (app), client.cfg, FAHlog.txt, work (folder), MyFolding.html, queue.dat, Fahcore-65.exe, and unitinfo.txt.
No folder named FAH. Unless it's somewhere else on the HD I can't see. I did a search for "FAH" but found nothing. Now what?
Deleting everything and starting over...
I'll let you know.

OK downloaded it again, did User name, Team 3446, and default answers to everything else, and my luck it's first project is a TINKER!!! damit :eek:

But it seems to be going OK

Thanks for the help, this makes 2 machines working for team 3446 and me :D

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
Owh, sorry, my mistake, I always put it from my desktop into a folder which I call FAH.

Open "client.cfg" with your texteditor and there you can change the basic settings (name, teamnumber, etc.) and then save it after you have changed it. Very easy.

Sparky's

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 11, 2004
That's OK Dread, everythings on the desktop and functioning OK (I think). Like I said the first unit was, still is a Tinker I've got 132 frames complete 268 to go, and that was what 4 days? Anyway I got my bosses aproval and as soon as I get a chance we have a couple more PCs around the shop not even plugged in, just dying to get Folding!!! :D :D

I just checked my stats and I'm now in the top 400 just since this last March :cool:

Keep on Folding ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.