How to show reminders in the Calendar???

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by laudern, Nov 12, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

Jan 5, 2011
    Ok so I want to set a reminder for a meeting using the reminder app. How do i then get that reminder to appear in my calendar app as well????
  2. macrumors 6502a

Dec 21, 2010
    For meetings and ongoing reminders, I use Calendar. I tend to use Reminders for one off things.

Not sure if what you are wanting to do is possible. Perhaps someone can help you further.
  3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Jan 5, 2011
    Yeah I was having this discussion with my girlfriend. Perhaps reminders are for different types of 'reminders'. But you can put in times and dates, which to me seems like it "should" integrate with calendar....
  4. macrumors member

Nov 11, 2012
    Tap the + sign in the upper right corner to add a reminder.
    After you add the reminder, click Done in the upper right hand corner. Or just clicking Return on the keyboard will complete the reminder as well.

Next tap on the reminder you just created in order to enter the settings for it. By default reminders won't notify you and function like a checklist of sorts. To change that, tap on the Remind Me option.

You'll have two options to set a notification. On a Day or At a Location. Since we want to set a time based reminder, select the On a Day option.
    Simply select the date and time you'd like to be reminded and click Done in the upper right hand corner.
    That's it!
  5. thread starter macrumors 6502

Jan 5, 2011
    Thanks for the help anvikapur, but that still doesnt show the reminder in calendar.
  6. macrumors regular

May 22, 2012
    I'm sorry right now i'm using iOS 5. I have no idea about iOs 6
  7. macrumors 603

Dec 2, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    You can't, it's not the functionality of reminders. Like someone else said, it's more for one off "oh I need to remember to do that later" kinds of things. It can remind you at a certain time or when you get to a certain place, and if it's set by time it will show up on your notification center 24 hours prior to the event.

You're better off just adding it straight to Calendar.
  8. thread starter macrumors 6502

Jan 5, 2011
    Yep thats what I started to think. Ok thanks for that
  9. macrumors newbie

Jan 31, 2013
    ready for update now!!!

I understand that these are two separate things. But as much as I love my Mac this would be something that would help tremendously. Please Apple, send me an update to include the reminders in the calendar view!
  10. macrumors newbie

Sep 5, 2012
    There is an app called Astrid that does just what you want.
  11. macrumors 65816

Jul 26, 2007
    Astrid seems to be gone. Any other apps that allow you to show reminders on a calendar?
  12. macrumors G3

Oct 1, 2005
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Fantastical does. It's so good I don't use either Calendar or Reminders apps anymore.