Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timidhermit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 6, 2011
I admitted that I am missing something obvious here...

I created a new Apple ID for iCloud on my iPhone, but I can't seem to find a way to "sign out" or "log out" of that Apple ID (for iCloud) to sign in with another Apple ID. The only account login I could change was the Store.

How do I "log out" or "sign out" of iCloud on my iPhone? There is an option to delete the account, but I just want to log off. I want to keep the account name for future use.

funpony

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2011
I had this same issue

Here's what I did: First, go into your mail, contacts, calendars settings on the iPhone. Do delete the account that says iCloud on your list of email accounts. It will ask if you want to delete all associated data on this iPhone, etc. Click yes. Then you log back in via the iCloud panel using the me.com log in you wanted.

After I did this I went to icloud.com and was able to log in using the other icloud id, so you don't need to worry about the account being deleted. It just deletes from the iPhone.

ohio.emt

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
Ohio
You can just log in a second id by sitting up in the mail settings. Then just turn off what you don't want on the id's.

Technologydumb

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2012
I had logged into the "amazing" iCloud with my mother and we are both logged in but I hate it, And I'd like to log out my mother wants to keep the account but have me log out which I can't seem to do without deleting everything I and her have. Can somebody please help? It's been very frustrating.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
I had logged into the "amazing" iCloud with my mother and we are both logged in but I hate it, And I'd like to log out my mother wants to keep the account but have me log out which I can't seem to do without deleting everything I and her have. Can somebody please help? It's been very frustrating.

All it deletes is stuff saved in iCloud such as bookmarks, notes, reminders, iCloud calendar events, etc. It won't delete apps or app data.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.