How to stop Alarm vibrating?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by RiseDarthVader, Oct 13, 2012.

1. macrumors member

It's really annoying that the iOS6 update has the Alarm vibrating now. Anyone know how to stop this?

2. macrumors 6502

Hey, not sure if this is the best way as this is the only way that I know (or may be the only way, in fact), but go to your sound settings and turn off "vibrate on ring" or "vibrate on silent" depending on which mode your silent switch is on, on the side of your iPhone.

Turning this off will turn off vibration for your other alerts such as messages and phone calls while it is off *just letting you know

And I think alarm for iOS has always had the vibration capability (I remember in iOS 5 my iPhone would vibrate when an alarm went off).

3. macrumors 6502a

tmanto02

OMG it is so annoying! I sleep with my phone on my bed so it is super loud and irritating when your ear is pressed up against the bed/pillow. I can't believe you cant disable it without disabling vibrate when ringing :mad::mad::mad:

4. macrumors 6502

When did it not vibrate? iPhone 4 on iOS 5 certainly did, and I believe iOS 4 did too. What phone & iOS are you coming from? Or was there a way to turn it off back then?

5. thread starter macrumors member

Problem is that it's hard enough for me to tell if my phone is ringing when I'm walking with it in my pocket so I need the vibration for calls and text.
    Same situation causing the frustration here
    coming from iPhone 4 iOS 5 to iPhone 5 iOS 6. Maybe I just remember wether the alarm vibrates or not wrong.

6. macrumors 68000

rorschach

Isn't that the whole point of an alarm??? :confused:

7. macrumors 68000

ideal.dreams

I've been wanting to disable the vibration of the alarm for a long time and found no easy solution. Before my iPhone 5, I kept my iPhone 4S in a dock to play music through/charge it and the phone vibrating in the mornings didn't help me. It's not like I could feel it going off, so what's the point? After a while the damn vibrating got more annoying than the alarm itself. How many people sleep with their phones to the point having the alarm vibrate would be USEFUL?

At least give us a separate option to disable vibration on alarm only, without having to turn it off system-wide.

8. macrumors 6502a

tmanto02

Well no, I find a pleasant tune to wake up to rather than a a vibrating mess, nice input though