Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

devriesp12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
Good Evening-

As I've been learning the ins/outs of file syncing and sharing, I've run into a problem. I purchased season 2 of Mad Men on my ATV. Everything is running smoothly. Unfortunately, when I was at my Mac later today, I clicked the menu item "Check for Downloads" (I should have known it meant iTunes and not the ATV).

The problem is that now both my Mac and my ATV are furiously working on downloading an entire season of Mad Men. As soon as one finishes downloading an episode, it is synced to the other (there are now 2 files of episodes on both the Mac and ATV). Needless to say, this is eating up bandwidth on our home network.

My question...Is there anyway to cancel a download on the ATV (without having to restore all settings)? I would cancel them on my Mac, but episodes are downloading at a faster rate here. Any suggesionts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

willinot

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2008
Im Having the same problem but with one difference. All of the TV episodes are downloaded on the macbook but have not synced as being downloaded on ATV. ATV is trying to download again and constantly comming up with errors. Any advice on how to remove the ATV downloads is much appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.