How to stop Console from recording non-events?

Discussion in 'OS X' started by Cubytus, Feb 5, 2013.

1. macrumors 65816

Hello,

I have activated OS X's firewall as a good security practice, but when Transmission is running, I get hundreds of these unuseful lines in the Console (with different IPs of course).

Code:
    13-02-04 11:27:53
    Firewall[9156]
    Allow Transmission connecting from 176.27.xxx.yy:62564 to port 51413 proto=6
    It wouldn't be so much of an issue if I never used the Console, but for debugging purposes (Firewire disconnection issue inside), I left the console open for the past two weeks and as such, I need it to display only useful events.

Notice Firewall is sending these records, not Transmission.

How do I prevent such non-events to be recorded, i.e. stop "verbose" mode?

Also, I have another recurring annoyance with the Firewall: even though some applications are set to automatically be allowed connection, they keep on presenting a popup to allow connection each time they're started.

How can these application stop asking for a right they've already been granted with?

2. macrumors 601

talmy

"One man's trash is another man's treasure." The console log is there to record all events, even those that are "non-events" to you! Use the filter to view only the events you are interested in.

I haven't seen your second problem. Presumably the app in question is in the list under Firewall options to Allow Incoming Connections.

3. thread starter macrumors 65816

Considering the application is already allowed for incoming connections, what owuld be the eventual practical use for reminding the user every 2 seconds?

As for the second problem, all applications already allowed in the Firewall seem to do it, iTunes, SpiderOak, Transmission, etc. Can't find why.