How to stop EyeTV 3.5 from auto exporting at end of recording???

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by 2002cbr600f4i, Aug 7, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502

Jun 21, 2008
    Is there some way to do this??? I set my recordings up inside of EyeTV and it seems like as soon as it finishes recording a show, it immediately goes and converts it (I guess for iPad/ATV and/or iPhone/iPod), often taking HOURS to do it. I'd like to NOT have that happen since I usually want to edit out commercials, and lead in or lead out, etc.

Is there a way to force it to NEVER auto-convert? I'd much rather do the edits and then make some sort of batch job (maybe through applescript/automator) to take the edits, then batch convert them to iTunes, import into the iTunes library and then delete from the EyeTV recording folder once it's all done (that way I only have the MUCH smaller iTunes H.264 encoded version.)

2. macrumors newbie

Sep 25, 2009
    Yes, there is a way to deactivate that feature. I believe you must simply go into the "Preferences" and from there to the "iPhone" tab. Click on "More Options..." then uncheck "Prepare all new recordings for iPhone/iPad." Hope this helps.
  3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Jun 21, 2008
    Ah, found it! It was hurried inside a "more options" button.