How to stop power light from blinking when computer is in Sleep mode?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Gary King, Jul 3, 2005.

1. Gary King macrumors 6502

How do I stop the power light from blinking when computer is in Sleep mode? Because I sleep in the same room as my Mac, and when it is blinking, it gets annoying, plain and simple.

2. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Duct Tape?

Shutdown? That'll turn it off, plain and simple.

3. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

As the other thread sais there is no real solution...Just cover it up with a piece of clothing or something like that..

ShadOW ;)

4. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

I would suggest a hammer... An axe would also do nicely :D
    But serious know, that little light is the best thing of an Apple laptop!

5. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Um, the mini's light is TINY. If you're sleeping, how can you see the light anyway? My quicksilver's light is huge and extremely bright and I can easily put up with it in my small room.

Are you like laying in bed starring at it? I would suggest rolling over.

6. alexstein macrumors 6502a

alexstein

since i have an ibook i just face it towards a wall real close if it bothers me but most the time i care less. like said before in a post if it bothers you so much why do you put your mini to sleep? you could just put the timer a little further out like 1 or 2 hours before your mac goes to sleep (or whatever you can set it up as) by that time you should be asleep when the light comes on!
    maybe over time you will get used to it. personaly i kinda like it. and i wouldn't give it up.

7. Gary King thread starter macrumors 6502

My bad is facing East. My computer is facing East too, since it is pretty much right next to my bed. The Mini's light is like this faint throbbing light. It's just annoying; it's like something that you would fixate on, and eventually cannot get to sleep.

8. boroc7 macrumors newbie

Are you like laying in bed starring at it? I would suggest rolling over.[/QUOTE]

Ahahahah! Too funny! After all, it's what I do. Maybe he's macinfatuated.

9. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Ahahahah! Too funny! After all, it's what I do. Maybe he's macinfatuated.[/QUOTE]

Maybe, the Mini's light is so tiny though, just stick a tiny piece of tape or clay over it or something. Another suggestion, if you really want to, use the mini with the front facing a wall. When I had my mini, I used it with the front facing the back of my desk for easy access to the ports. When someone came over that I wanted to impress with it's looks, I just turned it around while I pointed out the window and said, "Look there's a cool bird!".

Try that. :rolleyes:

10. jiv3turkey748 macrumors 6502a

jiv3turkey748

i turn around my chair so its blocking the light or i just turn my ibook off

11. iGary Guest

iGary

12. Gary King thread starter macrumors 6502

Facing the wall? Then it's even more prominent :eek:

13. MacTruck macrumors 65816

MacTruck

Re-route the power on the light to the power on the optical drive. That way when it goes to sleep it will go off.