Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Calebguo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2015
Hi guys,
Does anyone know how to get the audiobooks played directly from the apple watch, without an iPhone near by? It's too much weight if I go jog, listening to my audiobooks form Audible, and still need to bring an iPhone with me. Any response is greatly appreciated!

zmunkz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2007
Hi guys,
Does anyone know how to get the audiobooks played directly from the apple watch, without an iPhone near by? It's too much weight if I go jog, listening to my audiobooks form Audible, and still need to bring an iPhone with me. Any response is greatly appreciated!

I am curious as well

priscilla55

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2013
Falkirk, Scotland
I've managed to get this working. All I needed to do was to change the media type of the audiobooks to music in iTunes.

Step by step -
Create new playlist folder in iTunes > select audiobook files >select all, right click, get info >agree to edit multiple items > options tab - change media kind to music > sync iPhone with iTunes.

Your audiobook will now appear in your playlists in the watch app on your iPhone and can be selected to sync to your watch.

Calebguo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2015
Thanks for the response. I've figured out a workaround as well which was to convert the audiobook into mp3 format and get it synced to the watch. But there came a problem. It was recognised as a super long song which lasts for 9 hours and I couldn't find a way to navigate to a specific point of the audiobook. I had to listen to the audiobook from the very beginning every time I listened to it on my watch! This makes continuing to listen to where you left practically impossible. Anyone has a solution for this? Anyone knows how to fast forward a song in the music app?

priscilla55

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2013
Falkirk, Scotland
Thanks for the response. I've figured out a workaround as well which was to convert the audiobook into mp3 format and get it synced to the watch. But there came a problem. It was recognised as a super long song which lasts for 9 hours and I couldn't find a way to navigate to a specific point of the audiobook. I had to listen to the audiobook from the very beginning every time I listened to it on my watch! This makes continuing to listen to where you left practically impossible. Anyone has a solution for this? Anyone knows how to fast forward a song in the music app?

There are plenty of free MP3 file splitters available so you can chop it up into smaller sections. I loaded my audiobook as 23 files and that is how it appears on my watch.

Calebguo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2015
Hey, that's a really smart solution! It never occurred to me. I'll try it out. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.