How to sync only certain songs?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by m1stake, Jun 24, 2010.

1. m1stake
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68000

I just brought my new iPhone 4 home, and started syncing it. To my chagrin, I realized that I have more music than the 16GB can fit. So, I unchecked all of the tracks that I don't really listen to. Unfortunately, I can't figure out where to tell the phone to only sync the tracks that are selected. I remember this used to be pretty easy. Please let me know, I would appreciate your help.

Otherwise, it's a pretty fun toy. :)

2. JonBorichef
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

JonBorichef

Put them into a playlist and select the playlist to sync onto your iPhone in the Music section.

3. m1stake
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors 68000

That's a pretty clunky solution, unfortunately. There must be a better way... Right? Thanks for the quick reply, friend.

4. myfoneisdank
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

when you plug in the phone, click on the phone, in the summary section there should be a check box that says "sync only selected music files"

check that off and you're good to go my man

5. m1stake
    Expand Collapse

That is the fabled button I'm looking for, but it isn't under the "Music" tab in the phone, or any other tab for that matter.

6. RA19
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

No it's in Summary - the tab farthest to the left.

7. m1stake
    Expand Collapse

Oh wow, I didn't even notice the scroll bar on the summary page. Thanks for the tips, have a good night. Now, I just have to shave off 500 songs... I wish that problem was as easily solved! :rolleyes: