Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

weddlec

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 31, 2008
There is a feature within iTunes that seems to come and go, and even when it works it doesn't work right. I want to know how to tag all of my video and audio files that I place in iTunes so that they show up in the Podcast window.

Why? That is what I assume will be the only replays that I get so I will get that out of the way. I like to be able access all of my content from 1 app on my iOS devices. I don't like having an app for every occasion. I also like the ability to delete the media once I have watched or listened to it.

I encode TV shows in Handbrake as well as movies. I also listen to audiobooks and podcasts alike but hate that they get distributed all over the place on my phone. I have to stay within the iTunes ecosystem as my whole house is Airplay and Apple TV's.

iTunes 11 completely broke this once again in that once you tag a video as a podcast it stays in the Movies window.

Any help please, I'm perfectly willing to take my media before bringing it into iTunes, I just haven't found one yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.