How to transfer app data from iPod Touch 2 to the new iPad/iPad 3

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by PatrickW98, May 2, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

PatrickW98

So my sister got the new iPad/iPad "3" today. She used to have the iPod Touch 2 for about 3 years now. In some of the games she got really far. She doesn't want to start over on app data on her new iPad. How can I transfer app data from iPod Touch 2 to iPad "3"? Remember, iPod Touch 2 has no iCloud.

2. macrumors G4

Night Spring

Backup touch in iTunes. Restore to iPad. Done.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

PatrickW98

I know this will transfer apps, but not the data. For example, levels I have beaten on a game.

4. macrumors G4

Night Spring

No, it will transfer both apps and data. If you don't believe me, just try it. You can always restore it back to factory if it doesn't work.

To be clear, restore the iPad from the touch backup. Don't just sync the apps.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

PatrickW98

thanks

6. macrumors 68000

Yup Night Spring is right. We did this in order to preserve one of my kid's "work" in the smurfs game. Ugh. She would've been apoplectic if she had to start her village from scratch!!

7. macrumors newbie

we have a ipad and just bought an ipad mini....is it possible to transfer only a few games & data with out having to add entire ipad to the mini? it won't all fit...kids just dont want to loose their level in a few games...thanks

8. macrumors newbie

can NOT get game data to transfer to iPad Mini

I don't even know how many times I've tried backing up the old iPad2 and restoring the backup to the new iPad mini. It wants to restart the games from scratch. I even tried to download an app that was supposed to help but it didn't even show my games. Please help. Thanks