how to transfer contact from samsung galaxy s2 to iphone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bcooln, Nov 1, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

hi guy, just wondering how to transfer contact from samsung galaxy s2 to iphone 5, i tried to bluetooth it, but it doesn't work. the nano sim i used right now is new, just got it from tmobile. thanks in advance.

2. macrumors member

3. macrumors demi-god

You have to back up your Samsung to something else first. Hopefully you are backing it up. Use Google, Hotmail, Outlook, Windows address book, any Exchange server. Something. Then sync with the iPhone.

4. thread starter macrumors regular

how to back up contact from samsung to google? thanks

5. macrumors newbie

Save them to your SIM and then use the Settings>Mail, Contacts and Calendars>Import SIM contacts option

Or if you have synced your contacts with Google or a Microsoft Exchange server

On your iPhone, open Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Tap Add Account and then select Microsoft Exchange. Enter your email address and login information. (If an Exchange server hosts your email, you'll also need to enter its domain; if you use Gmail, leave that field blank.) Enter a username—a valid name if you’re syncing with a real Exchange server, or your email address (if you like) if you use Gmail. In the Server field, enter the Exchange server’s address or m.google.com for Gmail. On the last screen choose what you want to import, and then tap Accept.

6. macrumors 6502

To add to this, the data fields on the SIM card are fewer than on smart phones. So you can import phone numbers but might not be able to bring in other additional data in the address book.

7. Owenol38, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2013

macrumors newbie

Easy Phone Sync is a way easier way of transferring to Android if you've got a Samsung. did this yesterday myself, and it pulled all my contacts, messages, calendars, music, photos, videos and notes out of iTunes and organised them perfectly on my iPhone 4.

8. macrumors newbie

9. macrumors 6502

I like setting up a Gmail account on the old phone, enabling calendar/contacts sync, and then setting up that same even on the new phone. All your contacts come streaming in.

The fly in the ointment with this method is custom labels. Google doesn't sync custom labels created in OSX/iOS very well.

10. macrumors newbie

When I transferred my contacts from galaxy nexus to my iphone 5s, I converted them to .vcf

11. macrumors 601

sunking101

I write them all down on a piece of paper and then laboriously type them in. It seems daunting but was all done and dusted in an hour.