How to transfer documents (pages) from iPad to Mac? Help!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by cactus33, Sep 6, 2011.

1. macrumors member

Hi all, I have recently started to use my iPad for taking notes in lectures, and it is great, except the only two ways I can find to transfer my pages documents from iPad --> Mac are A) Emailing via iWork.com or B) Paying for a subscription for WebDav ($$$).

I also attempted to follow this method (best illustrated here: http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/ipad_transfering_files_with_itunes/). But alas, it doesn't work for me.

So my question is, does anyone know how on earth to transfer documents from the iPad to Mac? I can do it the other way around via Dropbox...

Help Please!:confused:

Thanks

2. macrumors 65816

henry72

1. Goto Share and Print
    2. Send to iTunes
    3. Choose what kind of format you want to export
    4. Plug it into your Mac and goto App, then you will see your exported files under Pages

Same as other Apps :D

If you don't want to plug the USB cable, you can send it to your email address and download it from your Mac ;)

3. macrumors 68040

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

i think you can also email dropbox, right?

4. thread starter macrumors member

Thanks a lot - it works well! Before, I couldn't work out how to access Pages files on iTunes!

----------

I don't think you can email from pages to dropbox!?

5. macrumors newbie

Copying multiple pages documents

I followed the thread about exporting Pages documents from IPAD (2) to Macbook using Itunes. I have already sent one document at a tiime...However, I have multiple documents in Pages that I want to transfer. Is there a way to export multiple documents instead of only one at a time?

6. macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Do you have iDisk?

7. macrumors newbie

Yes, basically I followed:

http://gigaom.com/apple/how-to-enable-webdav-on-your-mac-for-iwork-on-ipad/

& transfer (both ways) Pages doc's to & fro from my SL mac mini.

Post back if you have any problems with it, but this works fine here.

HTH.

8. macrumors newbie

Why don't you just go through iCloud? When you go to iCloud.com and login using your Apple ID, you can access all your pages documents and save them to your mac.