How to transfer iCloud Contacts and Notes To An iPhone 5 Setup As New? - Help!?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, iCloud and Apple Services' started by i3six5, Oct 2, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Hi,

Hopefully someone can answer my question?

I have been reading about icloud backup's on the iphone 5 draining the battery etc. So with my new iphone I intend to setup as a new.

However, once I have done this, how do I get my contacts notes etc on to my iphone5 without doing a full restore?

Do I just go into settings and enter all my Icloud details and do a sync? My only fear of this is, icloud will sync to my new iphone
    Which has no information on it, rather than transfer from icloud to my iphone 5.

I hope someone can help me?

Thanks.

2. macrumors regular

bloutrein

Your iCloud contacts will not deleted by your empty iPhone 5. After all the purpose of the iCloud is to keep all your devices' contacts in sync.

Just make sure to enable your iCloud contact sync and enter your Apple ID credentials.

If you are looking for an alternative method to import your iCloud contacts to your iPhone, then export your iPhone contacts to your PC by logging in to your iCloud account from a web browser and clicking on the Cogwheel button.

[​IMG]

Once on your PC, you can manually import the contacts to your iPhone using third party tools such as the one described here.