Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zerna

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2016
I need to move ALBUMS... A L B U M S ... no problem moving, transferring, backing up etc... PHOTOS...the problem is ALBUMS- I have 100's created on Touch, iPads Etc... Are end users expected to just ERACE them and start over when upgrading to a new device?

~ I have 20,000+ photos on my Touch
~ I have 100's of Albums.

How to I move these Albums off of the Touch on to my MacBook Pro?

(I have taken a "picture of the day" for years- thus- I have many monthly photo albums and want to keep intact and remove from the Touch for use on my laptop...then sell my Touch... BTW- same issue with my IPads. Want to get all IPad Albums on to my MacBook.)

Thank you for your help.
Z.

Last edited:

BobC

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2007
Providence, RI
~ I have 20,000+ photos on my Touch
~ I have 100's of Albums.

How to I move these Albums off of the Touch on to my MacBook Pro?

(I have taken a "picture of the day" for years- thus- I have many monthly photo albums and want to keep intact and remove from the Touch for use on my laptop...then sell my Touch... BTW- same issue with my IPads. Want to get all IPad Albums on to my MacBook.)

Thank you for your help.
Z.

I use an app called "WiFi photo" on my 4th gen iPod Touch. It turns your Touch into a mini-server for the Photos section, and then using an app-generated URL on your computer's browser, you can easily download any photos you wish, as long as you're on the same WiFi network. I use it to move my pictures to my Windows machine, but it works with Macs and Linux computers, as well.

Zerna

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2016
Just to clarify- I need help moving 100's of Touch photo ALBUMS to a Mac. (Same with my iPads- 100's of ALBUMS need to be moved to my Mac) don't need help moving the photos..... Just the albums. Is that possible? I've googled, I've searched.. I have yet to find a way .... It seems ludicrous that Apple offers a way to create years of albums...then when I upgrade & buy a new device I'm expected to ERACE years worth of albums as opposed to transferring to a Mac or even a new device for that matter. Thank you for your help.

I use an app called "WiFi photo" on my 4th gen iPod Touch. It turns your Touch into a mini-server for the Photos section, and then using an app-generated URL on your computer's browser, you can easily download any photos you wish, as long as you're on the same WiFi network. I use it to move my pictures to my Windows machine, but it works with Macs and Linux computers, as well.

craig1024

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2016
You could turn on iCloud Photo Library on your iPod which will sync the albums to iCloud and you can download them on your Mac by enabling iCloud Photo Library in photos on your Mac

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.