How to transfer Photoshop CS3 to new Macbook?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by efuggetta, Feb 25, 2009.

1. efuggetta macrumors newbie

Oct 12, 2008
    I am buying a new Macbook Pro, and I want to take Photoshop off of my current Macbook and put it onto the new one. (I'm not stealing anything--I just want to MOVE what I already have, not duplicate it.)

I don't have the discs because 2 former coworkers and I split the program with the agreement that we'd each get a copy (so we each could only put it on our laptops.)

So. Is there any way to do this? I have an external hard drive, which Time Machine backed everything to.

In another thread, it said to look in Library/Application support/Adobe/Adobe registration BUT I can only get as far as Adobe. There is no Adobe Registration. Also, when I hit About Photoshop, no serial number is on the about screen as many suggest it should.

Is there hope?
  2. shady825 macrumors 68000

Oct 8, 2008
    Area 51
    A TimeMachine backup wont transfer programs to a new machine??
    (i was always curious about that)
  3. efuggetta thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 12, 2008
    I've heard that it will, but I think you might need the serial number/activation code, which seem to be lost somehow (although they must exist, because I'm using the program!):confused:
  4. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Feb 20, 2005
    Nashville, TN, USA

If you split one software package with 2 others, then you are using pirated software. Unless you bought a "family pack".
  5. arkitect macrumors 601

Sep 5, 2005
    Bath, United Kingdom
    And that is long and the short of it…
  6. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

Apr 29, 2005
    Buy the program like everyone else and install it
  7. TJRiver macrumors 6502

Jan 14, 2009

8. mikelong622 macrumors 6502

Sep 29, 2006
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Doesn't your co-worker have the discs still?!?