How to transfer Windows Phone contacts to iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by smoledman, Jan 19, 2013.

1. macrumors 65816

Simple enough question, but I can't find anything on Google about it.

2. macrumors regular

^^ CoolMacLover

If they are on your simcard you should be able to just put it into your iPhone (if the sim is the right size) and import them. Other than that, I remember trying to export contacts from a W7.something Phone and there was no easy "Export" even though in the update their apparently was one.

3. macrumors P6

Weaselboy

I am not familiar with Windows Phone OS, but look for a way to export the contacts in a VCF file format. That file can just be emailed to the iPhone and clicked to import.

If you are syncing your contacts to GMail or live.com you can export the contacts in a VCF file from those services.

4. macrumors regular

I have a related question

I have my contacts in a csv (comma separated value) file

How do I convert that into a VCF or V card File

thanks in advance

5. thread starter macrumors 65816

Yes I'd like to know that too. Outlook 2010 does not have an export to VCF/VCard option.

6. macrumors member

Why not just sign in with your exchange account on your iphone? You could have it sync with your outlook account and then link any duplicate contacts you have.

7. thread starter macrumors 65816

Really that works? That would be cool. I still want to keep my Windows contacts.

8. macrumors regular

open a new gmail account
    import CSV contacts into gmail
    export out of gmail, choose VCF format
    for more just google

regards

9. macrumors member

Yup, works for me. I have copies of my contacts in icloud and outlook.com. They are both linked together and show up as one contact. When I update information, it updates both contacts.

I go back and forth from an iphone 5 to a windows phone so I have two sets of everything.

10. thread starter macrumors 65816

Doesn't Exchange mean your corporate email account? I'm talking about Hotmail/Outlook.

11. macrumors newbie

You could have it sync with your outlook account and then link any duplicate contacts you have.[​IMG]

12. macrumors newbie

Thanks dgr874 It worked for me.:)

13. macrumors newbie

I am moving from Galaxy II to the new iphone and am using MobileTrans contacts to transfer my android contacts to the iphone.

For calendars - I have my Gmail account. Regarding my music stored on my old galaxy, I have all songs stored already on my computer so just drag/drop to iTunes and then will sync the new iphone with it.

14. macrumors newbie

Use Qontact App

You can use Windows Phone App Qontact:
    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/qontact/e3404be4-324f-46e3-b47d-5561c676cad6

It can export in many format like vcard readable from iOS. Just send the contacts by email and open attachment with safari (gmail or hotmail account).

The free versione can export about 200 contacts..in case you have more contacts you can use the pro version:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/qontact-pro/047163c0-04cb-4d28-aec3-01115c3769b3.

Hope this help!!