how to turn $5 bills into $20's

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by camomac, Sep 14, 2006.

1. camomac macrumors 6502a

camomac

well not exactly but somebody figured it out...

HERE

2. iGary Guest

iGary

I saw this on CNN.

The shame is people used that machine for 9 or more days after until an honest person reported it.

3. camomac thread starter macrumors 6502a

camomac

ha! i think that is pretty funny.
    yeah igary, cnn, that where it is from... linked..

4. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I have to admit I'd be inclined to not say anything...:eek:

5. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

That's rather interesting how that special code worked. I'm confused though, is that for just certain machines that code works or for any? (i don't even have a debit card so don't get any ideas about me wanting to get a special bonus :p )

6. Lau Guest

Yeah, I'm surprised that it can be done that easily. When I was at school me and my friends managed to hack the vending machine and made it scroll comedy quotes* across its display and give us free crisps, but I would have thought a cash machine should be a bit better protected.

*The best one being: "Me? The thirteenth Duke of Wimbourne? In a vending machine in a girls school? With my reputation? Bingo..." :p

7. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

I'll just have to remain guessing, since it's not worth turning off popup blocking.

Attached Files:

8. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

I got that too, just click the button and it launches fine.

It wasn't worth turning the popup blocker off quick, but it was worth taking that screenshot, uploading it, and posting it here? LOL. :confused: :p

9. ZoomZoomZoom macrumors 6502a

ZoomZoomZoom

If you think about it, taking that money means that someone, somewhere, is not getting it. People are hurt by the actions of people taking "free money."

But most people when confronted with the situation don't have time to think it through, and it's easy to put morality aside with some empty justifications. So I'm not surprised, and I don't blame most people for not reporting it. The honest person who reported it is real good at heart.

10. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

it started with an ad for Visa about fraugelant charges and i thought that was it at first :p

11. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Yeeeeup. I loves me some Cmd+Shift+3. I don't like to be made to click popups. :p

12. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

It is hard to believe that it took 9+ days for someone honest to come along and say the machine was giving away free money. :eek:

13. auxplage macrumors 6502

This is sad. Oh! human nature is great. :rolleyes:

Once in a blue moon Virginia Beach makes the news. Hurricanes or Pat Robertson constitute our news coverage usually, and only the latter does any damage.

I hate that man. :mad:

14. macquariumguy macrumors 6502a

Too bad they won't be able to track down all the other thieves who used the machine in the interval and get restitution from them.

edit - wait a minute, everyone else would have used their own debit cards. The bank(s) will know exactly who got how much extra. I predict a lot of people will be getting unwelcome notices from their bank that they have less money than they thought. :)

15. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Well stated auxplage! :D :)