How to turn off "Repeat Song" mode in iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Lukeksk, Jan 31, 2009.

1. macrumors member

Feb 16, 2008
    Recently when I played my music on my iPhone (via the iPod application), I found out that the first song I played would keep repeating itself. No matter how I tap, double tap, triple tap on the "Shuffle" mode listed under the playlist to undo the repeat mode, nothing happens. I would like to have the songs in the playlist shuffled and the playlist (not song) repeat itself but I can't seem to get out of this repeat song mode at all. Help!
  2. macrumors 6502a

Jun 10, 2003
    when you play a song, tap the album art to bring up more options. The repeat button is the one furthest to the left (looks like two arrows in an oval). Tap it until it is not coloured anymore.
  3. macrumors regular

Mar 10, 2006
    London, UK
    previous poster is correct,
    also as added info no colour means no repeat,
    coloured blue means repeats the playlist and
    coloured with the number 1 means repeat the individual track
  4. macrumors newbie

Feb 20, 2009
    How about videos

For Song, when we tap the album art, the option to set repeat functions does come up. But I can't find the same for a video track. Any ideas?
  5. DPA
    macrumors 65816

Unfortunately, there is no repeat for videos.

6. macrumors newbie

Dec 20, 2010
    Turn off repeat for video songs in iPhone

I updated to software version 4.2.1 and from then my video songs gets repeated and there is no option to turn the repeat off. usually a repeat off button will appear on the left side when the song plays and if i tap it to look blue the song will repeat and if is off the song does not repeat. but after this update I dont see this option. Please help.
  7. macrumors newbie

Dec 24, 2010

I have exactly the same problem, I tap the blue arrow nothing changes, no options seems present to make it shuffle it just keeps playing the same song its driving me nuts!!!
  8. macrumors newbie

May 1, 2007
    Oxnard, CA
    Podcasts Repeating as Well

Playing a podcast. Podcast ends. Podcast Repeats from the begining. WTH?? If theres three episodes, it will play 1, 2, 3 and then repeat at 1 again. :eek:
  9. macrumors newbie

Jan 26, 2011
    Podcast video repeat

I see the same problem, tried several suggestions, no resolution. On the iPhone 4 and on the iPad, when playing video podcasts, the first video will repeat ONCE. All other videos will not repeat. The order varies: it may be 1-1-2-3 or 1-2-1-3. My conclusion is that the first play does not get marked in the device, which would mean that it is a software bug and needs an Apple update. I don't think this is a configuration issue.

Can others confirm this behavior?
    What is the best way to report this to Apple?
  10. macrumors newbie

Nov 28, 2011
    I appreciate this thread, it was driving me crazy on my iPhone 4/4S.

Question: is it possible to make this setting the default setting for the entire library (i.e. do NOT repeat)?