How to turn off shuffle on the iPhone iPod?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by stuff99, Jan 9, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

I'm using the first firmware on the iPhone cause I unlocked it.

Does anyone know if I can turn off the shuffle feature on the iPhone? I can't find a turn off option anywhere. Also I was wondering if there is a repeat mode in the settings somewhere because I can't find that anywhere either.

Sometimes I just want it to repeat the same song...

Thanks in advance!

2. macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

when listening to a song, tap the album artwork once and a dropdown appears with a srubber. on the left is the repeat, and on the right is the shuffle, tap those. its pretty self explanatory

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

cool
    thanks man!

4. macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

no problem

5. macrumors newbie

Not intuitive at all

I'm an IT professional and I've been trying for about a week to turn off shuffle. Thanks for the help. I just don't go into album view very often so I wasn't even aware of the possibility of turning shuffle on and off there. I hope somebody at Apple is reading this.

6. macrumors 65816

linux2mac

I Agree - Not Too Intuitive

I am also an IT professional and I recently upgraded to iPhone 4 and decided to use my iPhone 3GS as an iPod. It was driving me crazy that my playlists were stuck on shuffle. I never played around with the album artwork to notice that the shuffle feature could be toggled off by tapping the album artwork in order to bring up the shuffle icon. This post was helpful. Thanks.

7. macrumors newbie

i registered just to say...THANK YOU!!!!! it's been bothering me for couple weeks...:D